Talent Acquisition Manager -Fulfillment
Hey, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s working to make everyday living better by providing an easy way for people to furnish their space. We don’t have brick and mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Recently named one of Canada’s fastest growing companies for the second year in a row, we’re on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team member to join us in Houston Texas (or in Los Angeles, CA)
With our rapid growth and expansion, we’re on the hunt for a Manager of Talent Acquisition, to lead recruitment for the fastest-growing area of our business – North American Fulfillment. Being a direct-to-customer furniture brand, we are focused on owning as much of our supply chain and fulfillment network – right to the final delivery to ensure a remarkable customer experience. Your team will be hiring and building those teams, from delivery drivers and warehouse associates, supply chain, as well as leadership roles across fulfillment. This role is hands-on recruitment when needed for senior or hard-to-fill positions.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with hiring managers to understand their current and future hiring needs and prioritize the teams focus
- Assign roles and manage capacity
- Create a team culture of high autonomy and high alignment
- Build high performing recruitment processes, finding efficiencies through continuous improvement
- Refine and continuously improve our interview processes, ensuring remarkable candidate experiences happen, regardless of the outcome of the interviews
- Build Article as an employer of choice
- Lead with a strong sense of urgency and empathy
- Evaluate specific technology and tools to better attract, source, and convert candidates
- Track and manage all recruitment metrics and provide reports
- Work with marketing, creative for digital and traditional marketing for new and existing markets
- Become a trusted advisor for hiring managers on access to talent in markets, interviewing best practices and recruitment trends
- Become a brand advocate, showcasing Article’s brand as a great place to work by embodying our guiding principles of Customer
- Obsession, Do it Differently, Ownership Mindset, and Win Together
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- 10+ years experience in Recruitment/ Talent Acquisition, ideally a mix of corporate and with a staffing firm or recruitment agency
- 3+ years leading teams
- Experience hiring a high volume of hourly roles includes warehouse associates, delivery drivers, and logistics professionals is highly desirable
- Good sense of humour
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with an ownership mindset to drive results
- Ability to be comfortable with the unknown in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Desire to win together: we share, collaborate, challenge, and support each other
- Customer obsessed: our customers are candidates and hiring managers
- Outgoing and enthusiastic with a passion for connecting with people and solving problems
- Desire to question, not only how can we do better, but how can we do remarkably better
- Ability to lead different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, etc)
- Familiarity with modern recruitment technology and tools
- The ability to travel within the US and internationally (when safe to do so)
Nice to have:
- Interest in employer branding
- The ability to speak Spanish at a conversational level is highly desirable
- Unconscious bias training and knowledge
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, beyond a competitive salary, we provide:
- A team first environment where we win together. Article employs a wide range of experts and seeks to facilitate a culture of curiosity.
- We take on the job learning seriously, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- State-of-the-art laptops with the tech and tools to easily collaborate while being remote
- We want Particles to have a sense of ownership, be truly invested in the long-term interests of the company, we offer stock options after one year of employment
- Access to health and dental benefits package for you and your family with a focus on your total wellbeing
- Paid sick days and 4 weeks of vacation
- LTD and Group Life Insurance
- Discounts on our products so you can experience first hand why our customers love the Article experience and product.
Throughout COVID, our primary focus has been the safety of our Particles (employees), their families, community, customers, and candidates, we have COVID safety protocols to which we strictly adhere.
Article is the easiest way to create a beautiful modern space.
Article started from a desire to improve efficiency and make furniture less expensive for everyone. In 2014 we had 4 employees; now we have over 700 and have been growing at about 50% yearly.
Our office and warehouse space has grown from under 15,000 sq ft to over 1,200,000 sq ft, and our yearly revenue has grown to match.
Our head office is based in Vancouver, Canada, an office in Ho Chi Minh City, and warehouses in Seattle, Los Angles, San Fransisco, Jacksonville, Austin, Dallas, Portland, Houston, Denver, Baltimore, Toronto, Boston, and New Jersey.